Established in 1902, we’ve previously been the Falmouth School of Art, Falmouth College of Art and Design and the University College Falmouth. We attained full University status in December 2012 and have been ranked gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017.
Falmouth University now has over 4700 students from foundation level, to PhD drawn from over 100 countries around the world. Students are enrolled in 54 courses; from architecture to animation, business entrepreneurship to computing, fashion to journalism.
They benefit from world-class teaching and state of the art facilities. Across all the disciplines taught at Falmouth, the University’s key aim is to provide its students with the skills to get a great job and with the entrepreneurial confidence to turn their ideas into a commercial success. From day one, our students learn to develop their creativity, entrepreneurial skills and industry knowledge. Upon graduation, they are ready and motivated to join the exciting and buoyant Creative Industries. Not only do our graduates get great jobs - our graduate employment rate is 97% - 28% set up their own business. This is four times higher than the UK average. Fostering this entrepreneurial spirit is key to how we teach. While Cornwall is our home, Falmouth’s outlook is international. Our portfolio is increasingly globally focused and places us at the forefront of delivering first-class education, wherever you are in the world. Our staff, with their industry links and proven experience in the commercial sector, will be central to the successful delivery of these ground-breaking new courses. Now’s your chance to find out why Falmouth is number one.
Studying flexibly with Falmouth University
Falmouth University has a proven track record and earned a considerable reputation for providing the springboard for students’ careers all over the world and in many of the renowned leading creative companies. Studying Falmouth University programmes flexibly from wherever you are offer you opportunity to study at a personal speed or intensity that suits you and to fit with irregular work schedules. The creative sector is THE growth sector globally. Whether you seek to enhance your career or to begin your career in the creative sector, Falmouth University flexible learning programmes equip you with the right skills and knowledge to do so, without interrupting your income and career progression. We encourage all of you who work in the creative sector globally to never stop developing. Our courses are rigorous, practical and designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to become an effective professional in your area of practice. All the modules are developed and taught online by Falmouth academics who are industry experts in their fields. Our approach supports you each step of the way, ensuring a learning experience equal in quality to our on-campus Masters courses. Key features:
- Learn flexibly from home, the workplace or on the move anywhere in the world
- No need to relocate, take a career break or apply for a visa
- Structured to help you complete the course within two years of part-time study
- Study alongside and network with other students from around the world
- High quality online teaching: concise lectures and digital resources developed by our industry leading academics who teach you on the modules
- First class academic support: tutors are available every day to give you guidance and feedback
- Engaging learning activities which help you to apply theory to practice
- Rich feedback from tutors and peers, with live feedback sessions
- All assessments are taken and submitted online
- Regular opportunities for face-to-face meetings with lecturers, fellow students and industry speakers, held both at Falmouth and at international locations
- Everything you need is available in our intuitive online learning platform; you don't need to be a tech wizard to enjoy studying online with Falmouth
- The MA award is equal in title and quality to that given for our campus based courses
Saint Ives, England, United Kingdom