At the Whitman School, students learn, intern, participate in community service and advance their careers through a full spectrum of field-focused and multidisciplinary departments in one of the nation’s oldest business schools. The Whitman School, formally the College of Business Administration, was established in 1919. In 1920, it was only the 16th collegiate business school in the nation to be accredited by the AACSB. In 1948, the school launched its MBA program; the Army Comptrollership Program was established in 1952, and the doctoral program was created in 1965. The Whitman school has been a leader in education innovation and began offering a distance MBA in 1977. The school was honored with a naming gift from Martin Whitman ’49, founder of Third Avenue Management, and Lois Whitman in 2003. Seeking to expand opportunities for students, the Whitman School opened its 160,000-square-foot state-of-the-art building in 2005. Today, Whitman programs serve as standards of excellence and achievement among the academic and business community.