Concordia University Chicago is a leader in graduate and undergraduate education. Our accredited, highly ranked, on-campus, cohort and online bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs can help you achieve your education and career goals:
- Founded in 1864, Concordia-Chicago is celebrating its 150th anniversary of bringing higher education to the world.
- More than 3,500 students are enrolled in our online, cohort and on-campus master's and doctoral programs.
- We are the second fastest growing campus among nonprofit master's degree-granting institutions in the U.S. for 2004–2009 (Chronicle of Higher Education, 2011 Almanac Edition).
- In February 2012, the Higher Learning Commission granted accreditation for Concordia-Chicago to offer a doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in leadership. As a result, Concordia added Ph.D. to its doctor of education (EdD) in leadership with eight specializations.
- In 2010, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education conferred its prestigious “Continuing Accreditation of all Education Programs without conditions” on Concordia’s 18 education programs.
WHY EARN A DEGREE ONLINE?
At Concordia University Chicago, we have tailored our online programs for working adults like you, who must balance the desire for higher education with the realities and responsibilities of work, family and life.
A Community of Online Learners. When you enroll at Concordia-Chicago, you will join a dynamic and vibrant online learning community. Faculty will be in almost daily interaction with students, leading online discussions and posing thought-provoking questions. Insights from your fellow students will keep you constantly thinking and learning. Over the course of your degree, you’ll form relationships with fellow classmates that will last a lifetime.
Study on Your Schedule. In our online environment, there's no set time you must attend class. Each week, you’ll access a study module with lectures, readings and assignments. Then you’ll engage with your online learning community in faculty- and student-led discussions. You’ll "attend class" when it's convenient for you, whether it’s at 6 a.m. before you leave for work or at 10 p.m. after the kids have gone to bed.
Structure and Predictability. In our online classroom, you’ll take one course at a time in a predetermined sequence, with each course lasting eight weeks.
Anytime, Anywhere Access. As long as you have a computer and an internet connection, you can connect to your class and access all of your class materials—books, articles, libraries, student discussions and assignments—anytime and anywhere.
Wave of the Future. Today, more than 40 percent of students enrolling in graduate programs are choosing to study exclusively online. Even doctoral students are earning their terminal degrees online.
Global Campus, Global Education. Our global classroom for graduate programs will help you earn a global education. We have students from 37 states and 26 foreign countries. Your online learning community may have students from far-flung reaches of the globe, from China to Spain to South Africa.
Global Faculty. We select our online faculty from the best of the best across the United States and around the world. We seek out highly qualified, personable professors who are experts in their fields. Our global faculty will bring a diverse, worldly perspective to your graduate education.
Save Time and Money. In an online environment, you won’t spend time and money driving, parking and walking to class. Online, you access your class from wherever it’s convenient to you.
This school offers programs in: