Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization Worcester Polytechnic Institute
The WPI MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization At a Glance
- A fully online, asynchronous schedule
- Project-based curriculum with 20 specialization options
- Top 10 Career Development Center in the US
- In-demand tech and analytics skills woven into every course
- AACSB accreditation
- No GRE/GMAT required
Successful businesses rely on a continually expanding and exceptionally complex global supply chain to help deliver expected products and services. WPI’s MBA specializations in Operations & Global Supply Chain Management equip learners with the knowledge and skills needed to manage global operations and supply chains, including global strategy, risk management, and lean process design. This expertise prepares you to make the strategic business decisions needed to thrive in a competitive global marketplace.
100% Online WPI MBA
Learn the language of business in our asynchronous, fully online master in business administration program that will prepare you to lead effectively in a world filled with digital and business transformation. Our technical focus prepares our graduates to empower their teams and scale the work they do with an innovative, data-driven decision-making mindset.
The WPI online MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization program offers a project-based approach to learning that situates students to be confident in their ability to assess and assemble talent, manage fluctuating timelines, and balance competing priorities.
Our faculty are experienced leaders who have spearheaded innovative thinking for a range of global organizations. They bring their wealth of knowledge into the classroom and serve as mentors to online MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization students. In many cases, this mentorship continues long after graduation.
This is the culture at WPI — a cooperative and innovative place to learn.
The learning outcomes for our MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization program stem from The Business School’s mission to inspire leaders at the nexus of science, engineering, and business with project-based, purpose-driven learning, and innovative research to achieve impactful results and to pursue excellence that drives progress.
- Evidence-based problem solving: Able to frame a problem and use evidence and analytic reasoning to develop and implement practical solutions.
- Team-based collaboration: Able to effectively work together to pursue the common goal of solving complex problems.
- Interdisciplinary: Able to discuss key issues related to working across the boundaries between technical and business disciplines.
- Strategic Thinking: Able to generate practical, unique, and usable business insights that create a long-term competitive advantage.
The WPI MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization curriculum infuses the principles of analytics and technology-empowered decision-making into each course offering. By the time they graduate, online MBA students won’t just have these principles memorized for a test; they will have experience applying them in simulated work environments.
Highly customizable, the WPI online MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization program provides students with the flexibility to tailor their degree specifically for the direction of their careers. We offer the chance to earn industry credentials from right inside the virtual classroom. This 36-credit degree consists of:
- Core business foundation courses
- An integrative business foundation course
- A three-course specialty series
- Two elective courses with an option to declare a second specialization
- A capstone project
The project-based approach to learning at WPI includes discussion boards, simulations, and other interactive elements. Students can take up to three courses at a time.
Note: Those with sufficient coursework or expertise in these areas may petition to take a more advanced course.
- FIN 500 Financial Management
- MIS 584 Business Intelligence
- MKT 500 Marketing Strategy
- OBC 506 Leadership
- OIE 501 Operations Management
Integrative Business Foundation
- BUS 590 Strategic Management
Complete three courses from WPI Business School to solidify a specialty. Students may also petition for a custom specialty. If an MBA foundation course is listed as a required course within the specialty, students can choose another course from the list. The specialization options and the courses required to fulfill them include:
Supply Chain Management
- Select one of the following:
- OIE 549 Sustainable Supply Chain and Operations Management
- OIE 553 Global Purchasing and Logistics
- Select two of the following:
- MKT 561 Consumer Behavior and Analytics
- OBC 533 Negotiations
- OIE 548 Performance Analytics
- OIE 549 Sustainable Supply Chain and Operations Management
- OIE 533 Global Purchasing and Logistics
Students must complete two elective courses offered by The WPI Business School. There are over 50 elective options that cover a wide array of in-demand business skills and applications for MBA students to tailor their degree to fit their career goals specifically. Any specialty course can be counted as either a specialty or elective course, but not both. Here are some additional elective courses:
- BUS 500 Business Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
- BUS 546 Managing Technological Innovation
- ETR 500 Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MIS 500 Innovating With Information Systems
- MIS 502 Data Management for Analytics
- MIS 581 Policy and Strategy for Information Technology and Analytics
Students must complete a capstone project experience as follows:
- BUS 599 MBA Capstone Project
Scholarships and Funding
Online MBA - Global Supply Chain & Operations Management Specialization students are eligible for financial aid if they are matriculated in the program and enrolled in the required number of credits. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have any questions about applying or what options may be available to you.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.