Diploma in Road Transport Management University of Johannesburg
The purpose of the Diploma in Road Transport Management Freight/Passengers is to develop students with a wide range of vocational and industry-specific intellectual competencies, knowledge and practical skills. This will enable students to critically explain and apply road transport management principles, processes and procedures. The student should be able to make decisions in the context of a road transport (freight/passengers) organisation, interpret relevant information and produce innovative responses based on informed judgement to concrete but often unfamiliar problems. The qualification will provide the student with a range of fundamental knowledge and competencies in fields such as business communication, information systems, logistics management, marketing management and financial management. Furthermore, it will also provide the student with detailed knowledge about road transport legislation and the application of general management principles and specific road freight/ passengers management principles on a junior management level.
This qualification offers a unique, affordable, cost-effective opportunity to students.
- Study from the comfort of your own home when applying for a Continuing Education Programme (CEP) at the Department of Transport and Supply Chain Management.
- Students have the opportunity to attend a five-day study school.
- Examinations are written at various examination centres across South Africa.
- Easy access via the UJ website on the Student Portal to submit assignments, obtain assessment results, etc. For this reason, Internet access is essential.
- This qualification is offered at NQF level 6 and comprises a full range of modules covering all the major functional areas of a transport company.
- Students have the option to specialise in either Freight Transport Management (D34FRQ) or Passenger Transport Management (D34PAQ).
By satisfying the specific curricular admission, selection and enrolment requirements, qualifying students have the opportunity to apply for specific programmes to further their studies. Refer to page two for the articulation possibilities.
Program Tuition Fee
This qualification provides students with the opportunity to improve their career advancement prospects in the road freight or road passenger transport industry. Many transport companies specify this qualification as a requirement for appointment or promotion.
Possible career opportunities for the Diploma in Road Transport Management (Freight) are at freight and logistics companies such as: Transport Planner, Depot Manager, Operations Planner, Route Planner, Supervisor, Scheduler, etc.
Possible career opportunities for the Diploma in Road Transport Management (Passengers) are at passenger companies such as bus, BRT or taxi companies: Transport Planner, Depot Manager, Operations Planner, Route Planner, Supervisor, Scheduler, etc.