Online Master of Arts in Mass Communication - Social Media University of Florida - College of Journalism and Communications
At UF CJC Online, a master’s degree in social media is all about making meaningful online connections and ensuring you have the tools and training to be effective at reaching your audience.
Our first-of-a-kind Social Media master’s degree is about so much more than simply knowing how to use current social media platforms. We teach you how to approach social media marketing in a holistic way, by incorporating writing, video production, and brand marketing into a comprehensive online program. We teach you how to use research to drive content creation, how to create effective advertising and public relations campaigns, and how to use new and emerging technologies to reach your audience.
Most importantly, we teach you how to pull all of these skills together to craft creative narratives that appeal to your target audience and create meaningful engagement.
In addition to the valuable core content, you can select from a wide range of electives to customize your program to suit your personal interests and career goals. A master’s degree in Social Media from the University of Florida means you will learn the skills necessary to leverage current social media platforms as well as build the foundation you need to provide valuable marketing services to virtually any business or organization.
- Think Big. Generate big ideas and develop your storytelling skills to communicate them to your target audience.
- Engage. Get a deep understanding of how to engage audiences through creative content and impactful messaging.
- Measure. Obtain the skills to master the metrics behind communicating ROI to managers and clients.
Unique Learning Experience
UF CJC Online programs are designed for students who crave:
- Courses that challenge them to grow as communicators through hands-on assignments where they receive detailed constructive feedback from peers and instructors
- The flexibility of online courses where pre-recorded lectures and live online meetings allow students to engage with their courses from anywhere in the world
- Networking opportunities with peers, alumni, instructors, and guest lecturers
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities
- Creative storytelling skills
- A transformative student-centered learning experience
- Personalized attention from highly engaged faculty
- An affordable and respected graduate degree from a top-10 public university
The online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a concentration in Social Media includes 36 credit hours: 33 hours of coursework plus three final credits in the capstone course. The program curriculum is guided by an Advisory Council of top industry experts, with courses taught by industry professionals and University of Florida faculty. Full-time students can complete their master’s degree in as few as 16 months.