Master of Science in Computer Science – ZM
Unicaf University (ZM)
2 - 5 years
Earliest start date
Master of Science in Computer Science – ZM is to generate computer professionals with scientific knowledge and skills essential for advancing their professional careers and/or proceeding with further research and progress toward a doctoral degree.
the program has a primary aim: to nurture a cohort of computer professionals who possess a profound understanding of the field and the scientific knowledge and skills necessary to excel in their careers. This program goes beyond the conventional boundaries of education by preparing students for immediate success in their professional endeavors and laying a robust foundation for those who aspire to engage in further research and potentially pursue a doctoral degree.
Within this comprehensive program, students are exposed to cutting-edge concepts and advanced methodologies that underpin the world of computer science. They acquire a deep and holistic understanding of the field's intricacies, equipping them with the critical thinking abilities and problem-solving skills essential in today's technology-driven landscape.
Graduates of this program emerge as computer professionals who are well-equipped to address the dynamic challenges of the industry. They are poised to contribute significantly to their respective fields of expertise, whether in industry or academia and possess the versatility to adapt to the ever-evolving nature of technology. The Master of Science in Computer Science – ZM program, therefore, not only opens doors to exciting career opportunities but also serves as a stepping stone for those seeking groundbreaking contributions through further research and potentially pursuing a doctoral degree, ultimately advancing the frontiers of computer science.
All Unicaf University Zambia undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes are accredited by the Higher Education Authority Of Zambia (HEA).
Scholarships and Funding
Unicaf University is in partnership with the Unicaf Scholarship programme which is one of the most generous scholarship programmes available. The programme supports eligible students and provides opportunities for studies towards the programmes offered by Unicaf University at a fraction of the cost. Unicaf has already offered more than US $100 million worth of scholarships to students helping them to study towards internationally recognised qualifications. The primary objective of the Unicaf Scholarship Programme is to make high-quality education affordable and accessible. Supported programmes have a strong professional and vocational focus delivered with an international perspective to ensure that students are prepared for work in the global marketplace and receive a return on their education investment.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|UU-FNT-203-ZM||Introduction to Master Degree||0.00|
Core requirements (required modules)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|UU-COM-713-ZM||Cyber Physical Systems and the Internet of Things||25.00|
|UU-COM-714-ZM||Cryptography and Networking Security||25.00|
|UU-COM-760-ZM||Machine Learning Technologies (MSc)||25.00|
|UU-COM-729-ZM||Network Defense and Countermeasures||25.00|
|UU-COM-770-ZM||Software Project Management and Development||25.00|
|UU-COM-780-ZM||Research Methods in Computing||25.00|
|UU-COM-790-ZM||Final Thesis Project||40.00|
At the end of the program, the student will be expected to:
- Identify the physical and logical control of today’s modern networking architectures, as well as the connectivity characteristics for end-to-end reliable data transmission.
- Identify network attacks, basic network defense tools, and various types of malicious software (i.e. malware) and perfectly use countermeasure defense/detection tools by deploying existing technologies and libraries to achieve security goals.
- Integrate cybersecurity ethics as a network security practitioner.
- Design and develop centralized or distributed systems based on required functionality and purpose.
- Identify and interpret actions taken through the use of computer networks to disrupt, deny, degrade, or destroy information in computers and computer networks, along with identifying actions to protect and respond to unauthorized activity within information systems and computer networks.
- Implement intelligence collection capabilities conducted through computer networks to gather data from target or adversary automated information systems or networks.
- Analyse cyber-related decisions as they apply to national security strategy from social, ethical, legal, and political viewpoints.
- Understand common web infrastructure and applications attack vectors and be able to utilize tools and skills to attack web infrastructures and applications.
- Create a solid enterprise-wide information security infrastructure, including analyzing the security needs of the enterprise, designing a strategic plan to address the security requirements, selecting the appropriate tools to implement the security organizational policies, and establishing recovery techniques from disruptive and destructive information security events.
- Design and deploy web database applications using commercially available database systems, and develop advanced queries using various query languages.
- Communicate clearly and analytically using techniques derived from scientific practice in group meetings, presentations, lectures, written reports, and research papers.