The University of Dayton is a top-tier Catholic research university with offerings from the undergraduate to the doctoral levels. We are a diverse community committed, in the Marianist tradition, to educating the whole person and to linking learning and scholarship with leadership and service.
Our spirit ignites a boundless curiosity that drives us to bravely face the unknown, engage in exploration and make new discoveries. Here, we examine the relationship between faith and reason. We integrate knowledge across disciplines, and we educate for service, justice, and peace.
Across all of our more than 80 undergraduate and 50 graduate and doctoral programs, our academics are challenging. Not just for the sake of it, but because there are real challenges in the world that need to be met. That way, when graduation arrives, you won't be entering the real world for the first time. You'll already be part of it, fully prepared for your career — and for life.
In the Business of Building a Better World
We're dedicated to providing an experientially-focused business education, where students gain practical skills and knowledge — and put them to use.
Our innovative, hands-on curriculum develops ethical, confident professionals who are prepared for adaptation and change.
Who We Are What We Do What Makes Us Different
- A tight-knit community of learners: faculty, staff & students
- Creators, users, and integrators of knowledge
- Servant leaders to community, profession, and society
- Integrate business theory and practice informed by the Catholic and Marianist tradition
- Create unique, experiential learning inside and outside the classroom
- Develop graduates successful in their community and profession
- Generate intellectual contributions that enhance the knowledge base for academics and professionals
- A community focus on the whole person
- Experiential and value-based learning in the Catholic and Marianist tradition
- Activities, events, and centers that create and enhance practical wisdom
- Deep educational connections with student, business, community, and alumni partners
Top 3 Reasons to Choose Business at UD
Practical, Hands-On Learning
We Know a Practical Education Requires, Well, Practice.
That’s why UD business students are constantly engaged in the world around them, whether it’s through study abroad, capstone projects, internships, and co-ops, service learning, or other experiential learning programs.
A Customized Education
You're Unique. Your Education Should Be, Too.
Want to pursue a double major or a minor? To study abroad or use your business skills for humanitarian purposes? To gain real-world experience through an internship or cooperative education? At UD, you can customize your education plan to match your interests and prepare you for personal and professional success. Your dedicated success adviser will help you develop - and complete - your plan.
A Collaborative Environment
A Focus on Community
At UD, you'll be encouraged to strive for excellence, but not at the expense of others. Rather than competing against other students, you'll be part of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive community of learners. Here, you'll find a supportive environment where you can ask questions, explore your interests and prepare for a successful future. To top it off, you'll benefit from a small class size taught by accomplished, committed faculty - not teaching assistants or graduate students.