Master in Strategic Management of Operations and Innovation OBS Business School
Online master in cross-sectional vision of processes and supply chain to create operations strategies.
The Master in Strategic Management of Operations and Innovation offers you the development of skills, abilities and the acquisition of knowledge aligned with the new challenges that the globalized world demands of new managers.
The important global transformations that are currently affecting the world cause the increasingly global supply chains to play a key role in the competitiveness of companies, as they are considered an essential element in their differentiation. Supply chains have ceased to be a cost center, to become an engine of competitive advantages for companies, via value-added services, agility in adapting to environmental changes and innovation.
The Master in Strategic Management of Operations and Innovation was born after this paradigm shift. With this Master in Operations you will obtain a transversal vision of processes in an extended company, influence in the strategic decision processes of the business, analytical capacity that will help you in solving problems, leadership techniques and you will know risk minimization strategies in the face of uncertainty of the environment. The figure of the Director of Operations is one of the best paid in logistics activities according to the II ICIL Study on Logistic Wages.
In addition, the Master in Operations Management of OBS is complemented by conferences, seminars and workshops taught by renowned professionals who will present their experiences and practical cases to students.
Block 1. Globalization, strategy and good practices in operations
- The new scenarios of the global economy: challenges and opportunities
- Leading the business strategy from the operations strategy
- Supply Chain Management. From strategy to tactics
Block 2. Innovation and new challenges in operations
- Innovation in Operations
- New challenges in Operations: Sustainability and Resilience
- Logistics operators. Outsourcing tactical to strategic
Block 3. Strategic synergies of Operations with the main corporate areas
- Talent management and managerial skills of the Director of Operations
- Demand orientation through flexible operations
- Emerging technologies and information systems associated with Operations
- Decision Making in Operations - Operations Management Game: The Fresh Connection
Final Master's Project
Bootcamps and additional activities
Bootcamp: Design Thinking and supply chain design
Whether in the creation of products or services, Design Thinking can bring innovation closer to supply chains, identifying new solutions or providing new, more effective and efficient ways of organizing. The bootcamp will address content such as the design thinking phases, the 4 key tools of design thinking, and the analysis of real cases.
Bootcamp: The last mile. The challenge of future supply chains
This bootcamp will allow students to delve into one of the most important, delicate and expensive processes in the supply chain, and which also constitutes the only point of physical contact with e-commerce companies, key in the user experience and in its consequent loyalty.
'Case studies': Case method
The practical component of the program is essential and completes the theoretical training. For this, during the course there will be debates on current issues and interest in each of the subjects, simulations for decision-making applied to real situations or practical cases where the problems raised will be analyzed from an academic point of view and the proposed solutions, as well as the criteria taken into account to carry them out.
Most of the training is carried out asynchronously, that is, the exchange of knowledge is carried out through a platform that allows the sharing of written texts without the need for people to be connected at the same time.
Additionally, in each of the modules synchronous sessions or 'webinars' are organized, where all the participants are connected at the same time through an application, which allows the exchange of knowledge in 'real time'.
- Develop managerial skills and competencies that allow leading and managing high performance multifunctional and multicultural teams.
- Develop a solid Operations strategy, which brings together the maximum coherence with the strategies of the rest of the functional areas of the company.
- Develop the analytical and problem-solving capabilities, intrinsic to a supply chain, which must operate in an uncertain and changing environment.
- Promote technologies that allow increasing the value of processes that directly affect the value proposition of companies.
- Director of operations
- Senior Operations Consultant
- Director of logistics operators or any other agent of the Supply Chain
- Head of distribution center
- Warehouse Manager