Master of Science in Health Care Administration
Mind Development Academy
Cape Town, South Africa
1 - 4 year
Full time, Part time
USD 7,000 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Payment Plan is available
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The AIU Distance Learning Master of Science in Health Care Administration program will be a custom-made program, designed just for you by you and your academic advisor. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Masters Program in Health Care Administration curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor. It specifically addresses individual strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work.
Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of AIU’s unique approach to adult education. This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
For South African citizens interested in our offers: Please note that our partner university AIU and it's programs are fully accredited by ASIC the UK Government body for accreditation of foreign Universities, however AIU is not yet recognised by SAQA within South Africa.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example.
Core Courses and Topics in Health Care Administration:
- Health Care Administration
- Health Care Economics
- Health Care Financial Management
- Health Care Law
- Managing Health Care Information Systems
- Environmental Management
- Case Management
- Health Systems Around the World
- Ethics and Decision Making in Health Care Environments
- Organizational Behavior in Health Care Environments
- Marketing Health Services
- Human Resource Management in the Health Care Industry
- Curing Health Care
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- Fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Health Care Administration:
- Masters Thesis Project
- MBM900 Thesis Proposal
- MBM902 Masters Thesis (7,500 words)
Publication: Each Master of Science in Health Care Administration graduate is encouraged to publish his/her research papers either online, in the public domain, or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.