Master Management in Engineering Management (MA)
IU International University of Applied Sciences – Online
12 - 24 months
Full time, Part time
EUR 3,944 *
Earliest start date
* the price displayed shows extended regular tuition fees including graduation fee, and scholarship
Your degree, your way:
We design our programmes and courses to be as flexible and innovative as possible—without sacrificing quality. We deliver specialist expertise and innovative learning materials as well as focusing on excellent student services and professional advice. Our programmes are characterised by the effective transfer of subject-specific knowledge and soft skills in order to prepare graduates for the international business world. Our distance learning materials allow you to gain an accredited degree from wherever you are and work around your job or personal commitments.
- #1 University in Europe: Join Europe’s largest private university with more than 100,000 students
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: We offer outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All our degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: We focus on practical training and an international outlook which gives IU graduates a decisive advantage: 94% of our graduates have a job within six months of graduation and, after an average of two years on the job, 80% move into management. Plus, we work closely with big companies such as Lufthansa, Sixt, and EY to give you great opportunities and insights.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, we offer scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 67%.
Your door to the business world
In Engineering Management, you will deal with the areas of business administration, management, and leadership in scientifically and practically oriented modules. You will acquire important management know-how and your analytical thinking will be trained. You are familiar with the "Internet of Things" and are able to distinguish between the different areas of activity. You will develop a sound understanding of both general and engineering-related tasks in project management and become familiar with the basic concepts and processes of product development.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Master of Arts (MA)
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 12 months
Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
Free Webinar and Q&A
Webinar: Study Online with IU 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM (CEST)
Just like German engineers themselves, German study programmes in engineering also enjoy a great reputation worldwide. As an Engineer Manager, you would understand high-level technical problems and be able to solve these problems using your knowledge of business management. That’s why Engineer Managers are in high demand at the interface between technology and management. After your Master's, you will have excellent career prospects. You’ll thrive anywhere that requires interdisciplinary and extensive knowledge in the field of technology and business.
Explore your options
The huge corporate demand for globally-oriented executives and IU’s excellent reputation in academia and industry gives IU graduates huge leverage for a successful career, whether in their country of origin, in Germany or one of 25 Schengen countries covered by a post-study work permit.
The Master with a specialism in Engineering Management will prepare you for a career in the field of global financial markets and related areas.
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will develop skills in preparing and carrying out fiscal decisions on the international capital market.
- You will learn to work with financing options on international capital markets as well as accounting in compliance with international standards.
- You will obtain in-depth knowledge in the area of investment analysis and portfolio management to improve the fiscal performance of the business.
|1st semester||2nd semester|
| || |
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, the German Council of Science and Humanities, and WES Canada. This means their courses, faculty and teaching material all match the rigorous standards that have been set for them and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Cambridge Assessment International Education / High School Diploma Study Pathway.
IU is the first online university partner of Cambridge International's high school diploma Pathway. By working with Cambridge, IU offers students a special chance to finish their high school diploma while studying for a bachelor's degree. Since they are required for your bachelor's degree, these high school diploma courses are free of charge. The Study Pathway is a unique 12 months course with a 150-hour workload which you take alongside your bachelor courses. The Pathway concludes with an exam that can be retaken an infinite number of times.
In the current CHE ranking (2020-2022), IU tops the Business Administration field in categories of "General Study Conditions," "Contact with Lecturers," "Study Programmes Offered," "Examinations," "Study Organisation," and "Practical Orientation," winning a total of six out of 25 categories and achieving more top category rankings than any of the more than 300 institutions. IU received a 5-star rating for online learning and a score of 99 out of 100 in the QS, Quacquarelli Symonds, Stars Report, making it the first German university to receive such a ranking. It was also given the FIBAA Premium Seal for Digital Excellence and has excelled in 15 out of 23 criteria, including categories like Future Orientation, Knowledge Management, Quality Assurance of Teaching, and retaining the rating for the next five years. It is the only training provider to get the DtGV's Service Award 2022 from the German Society for Consumer Studies given that it has a dedicated academic staff and trained study coaches who ensure that students are supported throughout their studies.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning.
Two Degrees, Double the Advantage
IU International University of Applied Sciences (IU) has partnered with London South Bank University to give you the chance to have your degree validated by two institutions. When you choose this option, you’ll graduate from IU with both a German degree and a British degree, giving you a major career boost! This opportunity comes with no extra study courses or travelling.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Online Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 75%!
Get your European degree from the largest universities for online studies in Germany — without sacrificing your job or family commitments!
With over 20 years of experience and over 100,000 worldwide students, IU offers scholarships of up to 75%.
Distance learning at IU International University of Applied Sciences offers students the opportunity to develop on a personal and professional level and advance their careers through flexible, practice-oriented study.
You can start your education whenever you want - studies and exams are available to you 24/7.
(Be aware that IU scholarships are not available to students from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland)
Make the first step: