Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online Brunel University London
Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online
Brunel University London’s Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online has been created for students and working professionals from non-psychology backgrounds, who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of the practical applications of psychological sciences and their impact on society.
This online psychological sciences course will prepare you to tackle different areas within the field of psychology, including research methods, psychological theory, statistics, and report preparation. You will explore the historical and conceptual issues of the subject, and develop globally sought-after skills for a wide range of careers, or further study (e.g. PhD, ClinPsyD, DEdPsy).
This online master's in psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), which means you will be eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) from the British Psychological BPS after graduation, essential for pursuing a career in recognised psychology professions.
Brunel Online During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We’d like to reassure you here at Brunel that under the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as a dedicated provider of online learning, we will continue to offer you the resources and support you need to study your online programme successfully. All start dates for 2020 are going ahead as scheduled.
About Brunel University London
Since the 1960s, we’ve been teaching psychology and creating a legacy of world-leading research. At Brunel, you’ll be part of something bigger – accessing and contributing to a database of knowledge that changes the way we see and think, and which broadens our understanding of the human mind. We’re placed in the top 60 universities worldwide for the number of international students studying with us (QS World University Rankings 2020) and are also proud to be 28th in the world for international outlook Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Studying online gives you the opportunity to earn an internationally recognised UK master’s degree without leaving your home. You are not obliged to attend campus lectures, meaning you can watch them on the online platform at times that work for you. During the course of your studies, you’ll have access to:
- Engaging study materials: Your resources will include video lectures, case studies, class forums and podcasts.
- Support and guidance: Your dedicated programme tutor will guide your academic development from day one.
- Your virtual campus: Study from any location and build connections with like-minded professionals worldwide.
- Open Library: Online students will have full access to Brunel’s expansive digital library for books, articles, and electronic resources.
By studying your degree online, you’ll join a network of students and professionals around the world, learning and connecting to enrich their lives, and taking the next positive steps towards rewarding careers.
Students will also have access to Brunel’s Professional Development Centre (PDC). The Professional Development Centre boosts students' employability by helping them develop the skills and experience needed to stand out in the international job market, and prepare for an impactful career.
Recently voted by students as the 5th best Careers Service in the country, Brunel’s Professional Development Centre has garnered respect for its experienced staff and exceptional career support. Brunel’s PDC team guides students through the stages of developing and reaching professional goals and assists with writing effective applications and preparing students for interviews. Every year, the team coordinates career fairs and industry-specific events for students to meet and network with potential employers in their chosen field.
All modules are worth 15 credits.
- Introduction to Psychological Sciences (0 credits)
- Historical and Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Individual Differences
- Empirical Psychology Project (60 credits)
Upon completion of the Psychological Sciences (Conversion) MSc online, graduates will:
- See the bigger picture
Develop a critical awareness of historical and contemporary perspectives in psychology.
- Draw meaning from data
Build advanced analytical skills and learn how to interpret test results effectively.
- Communicate big ideas
Learn how to compose written and oral presentations and deliver ideas with confidence.
- Understand real-world context
Develop your knowledge of major theories and empirical studies, and how they have impacted society.
- Conduct ground-breaking research
Design rigorous research projects to examine and evaluate contemporary psychological theories.
- Evaluate and test hypotheses
Apply the most appropriate statistical tests to your research data and critically evaluate the findings of published studies.
In addition to building a solid foundation to pursue a career in clinical psychology, you’ll also gain the transferable skills, knowledge, and expertise sought after by employers in a variety of sectors. Graduates may choose to explore career opportunities in media, marketing, HR, law enforcement, finance, health, and education, as well as government and non-governmental agencies and healthcare organisations.
- A UK first or second class (2:2) Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in any subject.
- Applicants will be required to show evidence of GCSE grade C (or grade 4) (or equivalent) in Maths.
- Applicants with other degrees and subjects, with relevant work experience, will be considered on an individual basis.
English language requirements
- Students who are non-native speakers of English must be able to demonstrate that their English language ability is sufficient before starting the course, such as at least 6.5 overall in the IELTS with no less than 6 in any one component, or an equivalent English Language qualification.
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.