ISO 45001:2018 - Principles of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online ISO 45001 course will familiarise you with the Principles of Occupational Health and Safety prescribed by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO). The new standard ISO 45001 was published in March of 2018, this course will teach you why the ISO has chosen to develop the standard, how the standard works, the potential benefits the standard can deliver to businesses, the PDCA approach, and more.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Diploma is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Diploma: a downloadable Diploma in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma, posted to you with FREE shipping.
- Framed Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This free online course will first introduce you to the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO 45001:2018 OH&SMS standard. You will learn its publication and the important terminology used in ISO 45001:2018. You will learn how the ISO 45001:2018 OH&SMS provides a vigorous set of processes for improving workplace safety in the area of global supply chains. The course will also discuss how it is expected to reduce workplace injuries and illness significantly around the world when implemented.
The course will then discuss the leadership and organizational context related to ISO 45001:2018. You will learn how to manage risk, look for opportunities, and make use of its support functions. You will study effective operational controls and emergency responses as well as learn about monitoring, measurement, and analysis related to ISO 45001:2018. You will also look into how to carry out successful internal audits and management reviews as well as maintain continuous Improvement.
In a rapidly growing and creative world, the requirement for organizations to be proactive in the area of occupational health and safety management is a must. ISO 45001 provides such a framework. This course will help you learn important concepts relating to occupational health and safety management systems by focusing on internal auditing and management reviews. So start the course today and learn the potential benefits it can deliver to your organization.
Fundamentals of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Learn more about the ISO 45001:2018 OH&SMS standard, its publication, and important terminology used in ISO 45001:2018.
Requirements of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Learn more about leadership and organizational context related to ISO 45001:2018; how to manage risk, its opportunities and support functions; and effective operational controls and emergency responses.
Performance Evaluation and Improvement
Learn more about monitoring, measurement and analysis related to ISO 45001:2018; as well as how to carry out successful internal audits and management reviews; and implement Continuous Improvement.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Explain the OH&SMS standard.
- Define the fundamental concepts and terminology used in OH&SMS.
- Summarize the systems involved in OH&SMS.
- Explain who is responsible for developing the ISO 45001 standard.
- Illustrate the timeline involved in the development of ISO 45001.
- Discuss the compatibility of ISO 45001 with other standards.
- Describe the timeline involved for migrating to ISO 45001.
- List the benefits ISO 45001 can yield to businesses.
- Outline the benefits ISO 45001 yields to managers and professionals.
- List the expectations top management has in a OH&SMS.
- Describe how best to manage health and safety risks.
- Explain how support functions affect an organization's performance.
- Define what operational controls are.
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Diploma!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Occupational Health And Safety Specialist
It is no secret that all occupational sectors fall prey to varying kinds and degrees of hazards. And it is a fact that systemic failure to implement effective policies and precautions can result in injuries and fatalities, leading to reduced productivity and increased costs. Occupational Health and Safety Specialists strive to provide a safe work environment with zero risks by integrating safety and health protection with accidents and illness.
Health And Safety Engineer
Machinery may be both a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art, but its operational risk in the workplace must always be minimised. Health and Safety Engineers play a crucial role in the engineering, manufacturing and construction sectors by applying their technical expertise to ensure safe and healthy working environments and outcomes for the public and workers. These engineers design products, machines, and processes that operate safely, avoiding the use of hazardous materials, and thereby serving the community and the ecosystem.
Occupational Health Nurse
A stitch in time saves time and is not just an adage but the basis of maintaining safety in diverse workplaces, whether they be retail stores or manufacturing plants. Given the numerous hazards that lurk in the form of chemicals, machinery, human errors, and even computer screens, an Occupational Health Nurse plays a crucial role in preventing injuries and caring for employees who are hurt or unwell due to work-related causes.