Food Safety and Hygiene (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
Food contamination could lead to unpleasant outcomes ranging from severe illness to loss of business for a catering outfit or restaurant. Food procurement, handling, processing and storage must be carried out with the utmost care to prevent contamination and spoilage of food. This course explains food contamination in detail and covers the measures, tools and regulations for safely handling food and managing a hygienic cooking area.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Diploma is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Diploma: a downloadable Diploma in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma, posted to you with FREE shipping.
- Framed Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
Any organization that handles or processes food, like restaurants and catering outfits, bears a profound responsibility to ensure that food remains free of contamination. Food poisoning, a consequence of food contamination, can lead to severe illness and even death so measures and regulations are required to ensure that food is prepared under hygienic conditions and kept safe. This course exposes you to the important business of keeping food and cooking spaces healthy. We provide an in-depth look at food safety and explain how a food supervisor ensures it.
The course then takes you through the food safety management system (FSMS) and ‘hazard analysis critical control point’ (HACCP), an internationally recognized method for managing food safety-related risks. We show you how to implement procedures to ensure that you maintain food and cooking spaces to the highest safety standard. You will also learn about food poisoning and methods for detecting and preventing various kinds of food contamination. We go through the risks and standard practices in food handling to ensure that you keep food in pristine condition at all times.
The course demonstrates the importance of temperature control for food safety and provides techniques and tools for monitoring food temperature. You will also learn to prevent food spoilage, manage pests and design functional catering premises. Finally, we establish the importance of training food handlers and educating them on food safety. This course is especially helpful to restaurant owners and kitchen staff but suits anyone who handles food. Sign up to learn how to professionally manage food and cooking areas in under three hours.
Introduction to Food Safety and Food Poisoning
In this module, you will be introduced to food safety and hygiene and will learn about high-risk foods and individuals vulnerable to food poisoning. You will also learn about the role of food supervisors and regulators in keeping food safe. Finally, you will learn about food poisoning and various methods for preventing food contamination.
Food Handling, Waste Disposal and Pest Management
This module will introduce you to some of the risks associated with handling food, and some practices for mitigating these risks. You will learn about the importance of temperature control in food safety, and methods for monitoring temperature. You will also learn some to manage pests, prevent food spoilage, and design functional cooking premises.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Identify foods with a high risk of contamination and individuals vulnerable to contaminated food.
- Outline the responsibilities of a food supervisor.
- Explain the importance of a food safety management system (FSMS).
- Classify causes of food poisoning.
- Define ‘cross-contamination’.
- Highlight methods for preventing food contamination.
- Illustrate the importance of temperature control to food safety.
- Identify some tools for monitoring food and kitchen temperature.
- Outline some proven methods of preventing food spoilage.
- Describe some considerations for designing functional catering premises.
- Identify some common pests that are likely to contaminate food.
- Describe the training requirements for different kinds of staff in a catering organization.
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Supervisor Of Food Preparation And Serving Workers
The food service industry is one of the basic yet most complex cornerstones of globalisation and civilisation. The industry owes a major part in its reigning status to Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers, who manage to turn the intricate procedure of preparing and serving food into a delightful act.
Food Scientists have a tall order to honour - come up with food that will appeal to all the senses of their employers and potential customers while nourishing their bodies and soul at competitive prices. They ensure that food processing centres meet health guidelines or research to improve the taste of a food product while adding to its health benefits.
Food Service Manager
If you thought the Food Service Manager’s role is to prepare food, you got it all wrong. Food Service Managers are at the forefront of managing the food industry and ensuring that customers experience high-quality dining standards. Bring your creativity, business strategies, and networking skills to the table - the adventure is ready to unfold before you.
Hospital Food Service Supervisor
A nutritious and suitable diet is an integral part of hospital treatment and a crucial aid to recovery. It is a complex task to ensure that all patients at a medical facility receive balanced and tasty meals on time several times a day. However, Hospital Food Service Supervisors not only make this possible but also make sure to fulfil the individual needs of patients. While not always in the limelight, they make notable contributions to healthcare.