Accident Prevention and Investigation in Occupational Systems (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
Learn the fundamentals of occupational accident investigation and prevention in this free online course.
This introductory course offers a general overview of accident prevention and investigation procedures in various occupational settings. By taking this course, you will equip yourself with the knowledge of the methods used to prevent accidents and injuries in the workplace. You will also learn about the levels of risk control laid out by the pyramid of the 'hierarchy of controls' followed by techniques to reduce workplace accidents.
This is a free online course with certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Diploma is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Diploma: a downloadable Diploma in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
Accidents and incidents are prevalent in various industries and workplaces. Some of the primary reasons for these mishaps are a lack of preventive measures, non-compliance to safety standards and lack of education among the employees. Moreover, many employers fail to perform their part regarding the safety of their employees, thus contributing to social and economic losses along with the loss of human lives. Another reason for these incidents is the lack of competent professionals in this field.
These factors cost millions of dollars to organisations and enterprises every year when combined. Keeping this in mind, the experts at ExoExcellence have created a course to address this gap in knowledge on accident investigation and prevention in occupational settings. We have made accident investigation a part of this course because it is a vital factor in determining the cause of the accident. Moreover, thorough and transparent investigations help organisations prevent accidents from happening again in the future.
We have divided the content of this course into two modules containing three base topics. The first module includes topics regarding common accidents and injuries in the workplace. It also discusses those accidents that are specific to certain industries. The second module presents the methods for investigating workplace accidents and how to control their occurrence by implementing the pyramid of the 'hierarchy of controls'. The course also contains various graphics, statistics and a brief assessment to increase your interest in learning.
Common Workplace Accidents
This module explores the various accidents and injuries frequently encountered in the workplace, along with their causes and prevalence in specific industries. Additionally, it delves into the techniques used to prevent these workplace injuries at a fundamental level, and how to investigate them if they do occur.
Investigating Workplace Accidents
In this module, you will find topics regarding the investigation of accidents in the workplace. You will learn about the three levels of accident causation and the implementation of the pyramid of the hierarchy of controls. Additionally, the module also discusses the steps for reducing workplace injuries on the level of employees and the organization.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Identify different reasons why accidents happen in the workplace.
- Indicate the industries with the highest risk of workplace injuries.
- Evaluate the methods by which accidents in the workplace can be prevented.
- Outline the common workplace injuries across various industries.
- Establish the importance of knowing the workplace hazards.
- Recognise the correct technique for lifting heavy objects in the workplace.
- Identify the three levels of causes of accidents.
- Indicate the roles and responsibilities of investigators regarding accidents in a workplace.
- Analyse the six different levels of the pyramid of the ‘hierarchy of controls’.
- Outline the role of personal protective equipment and PPE in the workplace.
- Recall various steps to reduce workplace-related accident injuries at the level of employees and organisations.
- Recognise the different aspects of safety and wellness programmes in organisations.
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Loss Prevention Manager
Profitability being key to the survival and expansion of a business, it is as vital to earn profits as to minimise loss of all kinds. The Loss Prevention Manager plays a critical role in enhancing the overall business plan by identifying, monitoring, investigating, and controlling avoidable losses accruing from fraud, theft, or error. Beyond the strategic changes that they make to prevent criminal behaviour, they aim at making the companies they work for not only functioning partners but also ensuring their place as part of a successful business model.