From climate change to volatile food prices, get to grips with the pressures that are facing the food industry today and develop the skill set to help solve the problems of tomorrow with Manchester Metropolitan University’s Global Online MSc in Food Science and Innovation.
This online masters course draws on Manchester Metropolitan’s rich history of nutrition and food science research and Manchester’s reputation as a global hub for food production. Taught by highly-qualified academics with years of industry experience, you will have the freedom to:
- Harness technology to study anywhere in the world with only a laptop and an internet connection.
- Gain a deep understanding of important scientific processes thanks to virtual lab simulators and specialist video content.
- Benefit from innovative research from the University’s dedicated Food Nutrition and Occupational Health team to enhance your practical skills, theoretical knowledge and workplace understanding.
- Grow your worldwide network through regular online collaboration with professionals around the globe.
- Receive study support throughout your journey with us, from one of our Student Success Advisors.
- Complete your master's journey in just two years, studying when it suits you.
To enrol in the programme, you will need the following:
- A UK honours degree (2:2 or above) in an appropriate science or related subject or an overseas equivalent from a recognised higher education institution OR a minimum of three years relevant professional experience (considered on a case by case basis).
- If you are applying with non-UK qualifications, you can find further information for international students here. If your first language is not English (and your first degree was not taught in English), you will be required to produce evidence of English language proficiency. We provide a FREE Pearson English test to all relevant applicants.
Minimum 24 months part-time, depending on the pace you choose to study.
- Unit fee: £833*
- Programme fee: £9,995
*Fees based on 15 credits per unit.
About the School
We are a great, modern university, in a great global city, here to make an impact on Manchester, our nation and beyond, with a driving ambition to discover and disseminate knowledge, and make higher e ... Read More