The Food Science and Innovation programme delivered 100% online, will offer you the freedom to study wherever and whenever it suits you best, helping you to balance your existing work, life and family commitments.
From the effect of climate change on crops to increasingly volatile food prices and unpredictable fluctuations in supply and demand, the pressures on the global food industry show no sign of abating. And, with those issues continuously shifting in focus, it’s more important than ever to find innovative solutions that adapt quickly and intelligently to problems. With this in mind, there has never been a better time to develop the skills you need to discover, innovate and shape the future of food with our MSc Food Science and Innovation.
The curriculum of the course has been built around functional, contemporary food science skills so you can apply what you learn right away. You’ll learn from highly-qualified academics with years of industry experience and blend the latest food safety and sustainability models with key industry skills. And with modules such as Future Food Sustainability, you will be given a platform to understand the pressures that are facing the industry today and develop the skill set to help solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll study at your own pace to achieve a master in as little as two years, growing your professional network through virtual seminars and group tasks with students across the world as you go.
There are six intakes annually for this course, with programmes starting in January, March, May, July, September and November.
Features and Benefits
- Be at the forefront of new thinking - Innovative research from the University’s dedicated Food Nutrition and Occupational Health team underpins this programme’s broad and challenging syllabus, developing your practical skills, theory and workplace understanding.
- Harness new technology - Thanks to virtual lab simulator Labster and video content created especially for the programme, you will get to grips with important scientific processes, with only a laptop and an internet connection.
- Study your way - From an easy application process, the opportunity to begin your studies at six different entry points in the year and the choice to pay per unit you study, we’re here to do everything we can to help you achieve your goals without taking a career break. Our Virtual Learning Environment has been expertly designed to help you study when and where it suits you best.
- Grow your worldwide professional network - Through our live online seminars with tutors and peers, you will regularly collaborate with other students around the globe, making invaluable industry connections that can open doors now or in the future.
- Be supported every step of the way - We pride ourselves on our students’ study experience. As a Global Online student, you will be assigned a dedicated Student Success Advisor who’ll be there to cheer you on from the sidelines and help you to get the most from your time with us.
About the School
We are a great, modern university, in a great global city, here to make an impact on Manchester, our nation and beyond, with a driving ambition to discover and disseminate knowledge, and make higher e ... Read More