Utica College Online
Criminals continue to advance their techniques through technology, as well as skate the edge of legal loopholes, taking advantage of non-existent or loosely-defined laws. You’ll find the issues related to criminal justice span the globe, entering the homes and business of its residents in a physical and virtual manner, threatening homeland security, and demanding immediate policy changes to protect the innocent and prosecute the guilty.
The online BS in Criminal Justice specialized in White-Collar Crime prepares you to:
- Learn the importance of economic crime in relation to theory, causation, and victimization.
- Learn how crime is a form of deviant behavior, its relation to social values and social structure, types of criminal behavior, theories of treatment and control, correctional methods, and the administration of justice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organized crime in the United States and its impact on social, economic, and political institutions with a special focus on the role of corruption as a facilitator of crime.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history, categories, offenders, victims, trends, theories, investigatory techniques, policies, and societal reactions to corporate and other forms of white-collar crime in the United States.
- Have an understanding of the government and judicial regulations of financial institutions, commercial entities, their agents, and employees in relation to economic and business crime.
Program taught in:
See 48 more programs offered by Utica College Online »
Last updated October 3, 2018
This course is