Utica College Online
Criminals continue to advance their techniques through technology, as well as skate the edge of legal loopholes, taking advantage of non-existent or loosely-defined laws. You’ll find the issues related to criminal justice span the globe, entering the homes and business of its residents in a physical and virtual manner, threatening homeland security, and demanding immediate policy changes to protect the innocent and prosecute the guilty.
The Online BS in Criminal Justice- specialized in Legal Issues in Criminal Justice curriculum prepares you to:
- Describe the roles of ethics in the operation of the criminal justice system
- Identify and resolve ethical dilemmas associated with crime control with critical thinking.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybercrimes, including computer crimes, internet fraud, e-commerce, and threats to the national infrastructure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies, legal issues, and investigative techniques and strategies, as well as implications for investigation and enforcement on a global scale.
- Have an understanding of the criminal law in the United States with an emphasis on how the Constitution affects the criminal studies system and the people in it.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the criminal law for disputing settlements and maintenance of order by the state with an emphasis on legal reasoning and process.
- Learn the laws governing the behavior of individuals and their accountability to the international community and states.
- Learn enforcement mechanisms for piracy, war crimes, and terrorism.
Program taught in:
See 48 more programs offered by Utica College Online »
Last updated October 3, 2018
This course is