If you would like to combine engineering know-how with business topics in order to advance your career, the correspondence course " Industrial Engineering - Bachelor of Engineering " at AKAD University is the right choice for you! Due to the increasing complexity of the business world, well-trained industrial engineers are in high demand. After this study, you are regarded as a cross-disciplinary expert for integrated management and sustainable solution competence. A responsible position at interfaces in all areas of the company does not stand in the way of the bachelor degree program "Industrial Engineering".
Your study structure
The AKAD University degree program " Industrial Engineering - Bachelor of Engineering " consists of seven consecutive semesters. Take advantage of the optional and free pre-courses in the areas of "Mathematics" and "Physics". Or start directly in the first semester of your desired study - individually according to your needs!
- Pre-courses (optional): Here you will refresh your knowledge of mathematics and physics. The pre-courses are especially suitable for professionals with no university entrance qualification. Ask us for information for the best possible development of your knowledge, we advise you flexibly, individually and efficiently to every subject!
- Semester 1 to 6: Here you will receive comprehensive information on the basic engineering and business management knowledge of the degree program. In terms of content, you prepare yourself for the required elective module in the seventh semester. The first scientific work to be produced within the framework of a project report will familiarize you with the handling of technical know-how. At the same time you will train your foreign language skills and key qualifications.
- Semester 7: With the knowledge of the previous semesters, you prepare yourself for a successful Bachelor thesis.
We provide you with the latest media for your studies, such as Web Based Trainings (WBT). With the study documents, you will also receive valuable free software (eg "SIMULINK", "PTC Creo") for your personal applications!
Take advantage of the interesting option of a three-week study visit to Sacramento as an AKAD student: With the California Campus Program!
- Technical Sales MKG42 | MKG43
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management LPM62 | LPM63 | LOG06
- Product Development KON25 | KON22 | KON40
- Production PRD41 | FTE60
Best prospects with the Bachelor of Business Engineering
The Bachelor of Engineering in " Industrial Engineering" prepares you intensively for the increasing complexity of the corporate world in middle management. Your studies at AKAD University equip you with solid management skills and personal key qualifications. This bachelor's degree program is your basis for continuing education at the level of a university. You will gain an overview of all the tasks of your later professional practice. You acquire foreign language skills, management skills and current expertise. New methods and techniques are developed by your knowledge of different areas. Your career opportunities are good for all practical, scientific or cross-functional and cross-functional projects. Of course, after completing this degree, you will also be offered the additional qualification of a Master's degree program.
- key qualifications
- Basics of Business Administration
- Foundations of computer science and programming
- manufacturing engineering
- Basic Mathematics for Engineers
- Supply chain management
- Materials Science
- Fundamental physics for engineers
- Analysis compact
- Foundations of Intercultural Management
- Fundamentals of contract law
- Accounting compact
- Basics of machine elements
- Fundamentals of Statistics and Strength of Materials
- Personnel management and development
- Investment and financing
- Machine elements and production development process
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Foundations of dynamics
- Statistics for engineers
- Project and quality management
- Innovative corporate governance
- project work
- measuring technology
- production planning
- English for technology
- Application systems in production companies
- Practical work
- Control systems
Semester 7 and specialization
- Bachelor thesis
Your choices and opportunities
Engineers as flexible experts with interdisciplinary knowledge are innovative and competent solution experts - demands that the economy increasingly places on specialists. Specialize in one of these four selectable subject areas:
- Product Development: You will learn about important methods of product development and practice computer-aided design and engineering in the laboratory.
- Production: Here you develop skills for the planning, design and optimization of production facilities, acquire know-how in the field of maintenance management and work in the laboratory with computer-aided manufacturing technology.
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Acquire detailed knowledge in material management and get to know important logistics tools. In the lab you put the learned theory into practice.
- Technical Sales and Marketing: In this specialization, you will learn how to use sales methods in a targeted manner, conduct demand analyzes and develop strategies for sales, and work out solutions for industry-specific market research and marketing tasks.
Your seminar events
Voluntary seminars: orientation workshop 2 days, seminar 15 days, thematic seminar 2 days, online tutorial in 10-15 modules of 2 hours each
Compulsory Seminars: Business Management Game 1 day more online rounds, lab 5 days, 2 oral exams and colloquium
Your BA at AKAD: digital, independent of time and place
AKAD University - the pioneer in the digital, time and place-independent bachelor degree program
Organize your studies according to your individual professional and private situation. Get the most out of your learning type! With the digital AKAD study model you can acquire a bachelor's degree during your working life , so you are flexible , individual and efficient :
The AKAD Campus is the central hub for your Bachelor's degree. At any time and on the move, you can use your study documents online. Plan exams very flexibly and exchange information with your fellow students and professors. Would you like to know how close you have come to your Bachelor's degree? A look at the AKAD Campus is enough! With the AKAD study model as a working student successful for a Bachelor's degree:
- Distance learning: practice-oriented, up-to-date and clearly structured study materials. Time and place independent. For home and on the go!
- Distance E-Learning: efficient learning through digital learning methods: online exercises, online coaching and web-based training. So that the contents sit safely!
- Interactive e-learning: personally by tutors and in direct exchange with fellow students. Additional skills that you can use profitably in your job!
- Seminars (optional): complementary to the virtual forms of learning. Immediately apply what you have learned in concrete professional issues!
You have a vocational training with several years of professional experience or high school diploma or Fachhochschulreife? Then you can easily start your studies at AKAD. Also a study without Abitur is possible. If you are still fit in math and have a degree in physics and basic computer skills and level B2 English, then this course is for you. Of course you can refresh or deepen your existing knowledge at AKAD.
What exactly awaits you in distance learning Bachelor of Business Engineering?
The study letter BA_Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen_LPM602 from the correspondence course " Industrial Engineering " introduces you to the depths of material planning under the title "Disposition". You will learn how to classify large quantities of materials in a meaningful way. They throw a "look into the future" for the most exact determination of future needs. Optimal inventory planning, even for unexpected peaks in production as well as the correct quantity and order logistics at the right time are also on your syllabus.
In the sample study letter of your bachelor's degree in business engineering, you will get first insights into the contents:
- Material - term and classifications
- needs assessment
- Comparison between demand and inventory
Convince yourselves: The AKAD Campus with its flexible , individual and efficient study model makes it easy for you to access all the contents of the study letters: You learn where and when you want, and combine your extra-occupational study with your individual time resources - all the way upon need.
Our offer to you: Test your Bachelor's distance learning at AKAD University 4 weeks free of charge. If you have any questions about studying extra-occupationally, please contact our friendly and qualified AKAD student advisory service at 0711 81495-400, we look forward to hearing from you!
About the School
Die AKAD-Gruppe versteht sich als innovativer Bildungsanbieter im Fernstudium. Mit staatlich und international anerkannten Studienabschlüssen sowie durch Weiterbildung auf hohem Niveau tragen wir zum ... Read More