- To widen access to education in creative arts at the undergraduate level through Open and Flexible Learning.
- Ensure students gain the technical skills in each of the disciplines chosen to form a solid foundation for further development.
- To provide an intellectually stimulating interdisciplinary programme of study based on high-quality study material and tutor support.
- To develop students’ creative capacities and their ability in interpretation and application.
- To develop students’ critical understanding of the theoretical and conceptual issues central to the creative arts practice and the social, historical and cultural context in which it is practised.
- To provide an environment in which the student has the possibility of changing their view of the world and their interaction with it both artistically and intellectually.
- To foster high-level ethical and professional standards and an awareness of the possibilities offered by existing and new developments in areas of the creative arts to expand their application areas.
- To develop autonomous learners capable of applying intellectual and practical skills in a chosen area of contemporary creative arts activity appropriate to employment, further study, or life-long learning.
Last updated September 24, 2018
This course is Online