The Advanced Diploma in Shipping Management is accredited by the International Association of Marine and Shipping Professionals and is designed to develop professionals equipped with the skills, knowledge, and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and highly competitive world of Shipping.
The training course program provides participants with an in-depth knowledge of the commercial aspects of shipping and commercial law affecting the merchant shipping operations as well as other legal requirements governing the maritime sector. The program balances academic rigor with practical experience in order to serve the needs of tomorrow's ship managers in the most effective ways.
Participants will gain solid foundations of ship management, maritime economics, ship technology, chartering, maritime law, insurance, risk, and strategic management, which are particularly relevant for companies in this sector.
What the course offers
- A chance to develop trade and freight management skills at a senior level and increase sector specific knowledge to support career development and operational efficiency.
- To prepare shipping professionals to take on increasing responsibility in their companies and improve their professional status.
- Provides specialist expert knowledge of the industry from authors who are currently running their own Shipping Business.
Benefits of studying the Shipping Management Diploma
- The benefits of studying with the Institute is that you become a Full Member of the International Association of Marine and Shipping Professionals whilst training and you can, therefore, participate in all Association activities, including face to face courses. seminars and conferences.
- Utilise our links with leading companies in the shipping industry and gain access to work-experience placement opportunities.
- To qualify the participants as Accredited Shipping Professional, Ship and Operation Managers.
- Each subject completed, will see the deliverance of Certificate of Completion.
Our flexible study means that you can vary the pace of study if life gets in the way of learning. it is preferred that you complete the Advanced Diploma in 12 months however we can offer a further 3-month extension if required. Each module should take between 10-30 hours to complete with additional time required to complete the student assignments. The value of the study isn't just about the qualification you receive at the end. its the way it can change your life as a whole.
You'll enjoy full support throughout your studies, with module tutors to guide, advise and offer comprehensive feedback on your coursework. Support Is also offered by other Institute's staff and fellow students at tutorials. or as part of the global community of students who can be reached through online student forums and social media sites.
You are never on your own
Although you work in your own environment. you'll never be on your own. You'll have the opportunity to meet your fellow students in tutorials and online forums. There are growing networking opportunities during the seminars and socializing events organized by the institute and you will be regularly invited to attend such events.
Work full time and study part-time
Most cargo surveying diploma students work full time and study part-time. This flexible route to earning a qualification allows you to do as much study as you can, alongside your job. Building your experience and qualifications at the same time also shows employers how committed you are.
It's possibly the first course or qualification you've done in cargo surveying and it's a good way of getting accreditation in what you're already doing.
Who Should Attend
- Recent graduates looking for a career in the shipping industry;
- Shipping professionals who wish to enrich their know-how and improve their professional status;
- Nautical Officers;
- Officers of the Merchant Marine serving both at sea & onshore;
- Young professionals with the determination to enter the shipping industry;
What will you gain?
The benefits of studying with the Institute is that you become a Full Member of the International Association of Marine and Shipping Professionals whilst training and you can, therefore, participate in all Association activities, including face to face courses, seminars, and conferences.
Utilise our links with leading companies in the shipping industry and gain access to work-experience placement opportunities.
Qualify the participants as Accredited Shipping Professional, Ship and Operation Managers.
Program taught in: