With his diploma, you will develop and deepen your knowledge of marine surveying. Students engage with the range of exciting and challenging topics such as surveying the hull, safety, and operational surveys and incident and accident investigation. The course also covers essential subjects such as writing the survey report, legal aspects and insurance. You will learn the skills required to conduct a survey efficiently and effectively. You will also sharpen your IT, writing and independent thinking skills and develop the ability to assimilate and evaluate relevant information in constructing an argument. These are skills greatly sought-after in the world beyond study - whether you are already working or changing career.
What the course offers
- A chance to reinforce and enhance your career path opportunities within the surveying industry and become an Accredited Marine Surveyor
- Surveying professionals who pass the Diploma course have the opportunity to gain a Certificate of Competency in Marine Surveying
- Provides specialist expert knowledge of the industry from authors who are currently running their own surveying business
Benefits of studying the marine surveying diploma
- The beneﬁts of studying with the institute is that you become a Full Member of the International Association of Marine Consultants and Surveyors whilst training and you can, therefore, participate in all Association activities, including face to face courses. seminars and conferences.
- Upon completion of the practical training, you'll get the certification from a recognized organization according to the IMO resolution A.789(19) which qualify the participants to fulfill the surveyors and auditors requirements of classification societies.
- To qualify the participants as Accredited Cargo surveyors, Superintendents, Quality managers, Lead auditors, Ship's inspectors.
- Each subject completed, will see the deliverance of Certificate of Completion.
Our flexible study means that you can vary the pace of study if life gets in the way of learning. it is preferred that you complete the Advanced Diploma in 12 months however we can offer a further 3-month extension if required. Each module should take between 10-30 hours to complete with additional time required to complete the student assignments. The value of the study isn't just about the qualification you receive at the end. its the way it can change your life as a whole.
You'll enjoy full support throughout your studies, with module tutors to guide, advise and offer comprehensive feedback on your coursework. Support Is also offered by other Institute's staff and fellow students at tutorials. or as part of the global community of students who can be reached through online student forums and social media sites.
You are never on your own
Although you work in your own environment. you'll never be on your own. You'll have the opportunity to meet your fellow students in tutorials and online forums. There are growing networking opportunities during the seminars and socializing events organized by the institute and you will be regularly invited to attend such events.
Work full time and study part-time
Most cargo surveying diploma students work full time and study part-time. This flexible route to earning a qualification allows you to do as much study as you can, alongside your job. Building your experience and qualifications at the same time also shows employers how committed you are.
It's possibly the first course or qualification you've done in cargo surveying and it's a good way of getting accreditation in what you're already doing.
Who Should Attend
- Freight forwarders;
- Marine Surveyors;
- Technical Superintendent;
- Shipping Officers;
- Shipping Industry Starters;
- Other Professionals.
What will you gain?
- A chance to reinforce and enhance your career path opportunities within the surveying industry and become an Accredited Marine Surveyor;
- Surveying professionals who pass the Diploma course have the opportunity to gain a Certificate of Competency in Marine Surveying;
- Provides specialist expert knowledge of the industry from authors who are currently running their own surveying business.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 14, 2018