Who is this course for?
- This course would be ideal for amateur and a professional gardener.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Advanced Diploma in Gardening course will be very beneficial and helpful, especially to the following professionals:
- Professional Gardener
- Garden Centre Assistant
- Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Officer
- Farm Assistant
Module 01: Gardening Basics
- Organic Gardening Basics
- Having a Plan
- Having the Right Tools
- Making your Own Mulch
- Natural Pest Control
- Organic Fertilizer
- What to Avoid
- Benefits of Organic Gardening
Module 02: Organic Gardening
- Why Garden Organically?
- Planning Your Organic Vegetable Garden
- Growing Your Organic Vegetable Garden
- Why Grow an Organic Herb Garden?
- Growing an Organic Herb Garden
- You Have Organically Grown Herbs, Now What?
- Organic Garden Fertilizers
- Organic Gardening Compost
- Why Use Organic Pest Control?
- How to Control Garden Pests Organically
- How to Bring Your Organic Plants Indoors; for Easy Year Round Growth
- Organic Container Gardening
- Organic Hydroponic Gardening
Module 03: Vegetable Gardening
- WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE GARDENING?
- REQUISITES OF THE HOME VEGETABLE GARDEN
- THE PLANTATION PLAN
- VEGETABLE GARDEN RECORD
- IMPLEMENTS AND THEIR USES
- MANURES, FERTILIZERS AND MULCHING
- THE SOIL AND ITS PREPARATION
- STARTING WITH THE PLANTS
- SOWING AND PLANTING
- THE CULTIVATION OF VEGETABLES
- THE VEGETABLES AND THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS
- BEST VARIETIES OF THE GARDEN VEGETABLES
- INSECTS AND DISEASES AND THE METHODS OF FIGHTING THEM
- HARVESTING AND STORING
- THE VARIETIES OF POME AND STONE FRUITS
- PLANTING: CULTIVATION: FILLER CROPS
- PRUNING, SPRAYING, HARVESTING
- BERRIES AND SMALL FRUITS
- A CALENDAR OF OPERATIONS
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2018