The aim of this course is to offer a detailed grounding in Marine Cargo Surveying to enable a surveyor to competently assess the condition of a cargo. The basic function of a Marine Cargo Surveyor is to inspect and report on damage to transported goods for insurance purposes. The wider role, however, also covers the loading and securing of cargoes and Inspection of the discharge of cargoes and also risk assessments for transporting and storing cargoes. This course attempts to cover all aspects of a survey from receipt of instructions to the presentation of the report. It starts by covering the duties of a surveyor and the equipment a surveyor would need to perform the work. It continues with coverage of what a surveyor would need to do while on the survey and the documents that would have to be collected.
What the course offers
- A chance to reinforce and enhance your career path opportunities within the surveying industry and become an Accredited Cargo Surveyor
- Surveying professionals who pass the Diploma course have the opportunity to gain a Certificate of Competency in Cargo Surveying
- Provides specialist expert knowledge of the industry from authors who are currently running their own surveying business
Benefits of studying the cargo surveying diploma
- The beneﬁts of studying with the institute is that you become a Full Member of the International Association of Marine Consultants and Surveyors whilst training and you can, therefore, participate in all Association activities, including face to face courses. seminars and conferences.
- This course attempts to cover all aspects of a survey from receipt of instructions to the presentation of the report. The students will be in a position to understand how they should be expected to conduct a cargo survey.
- To qualify the participants as Accredited Cargo surveyors, Superintendents, Quality managers, Lead auditors, Ship's inspectors.
- Each subject completed, will see the deliverance of Certificate of Completion.
Our flexible study means that you can vary the pace of study if life gets in the way of learning. it is preferred that you complete the Advanced Diploma in 12 months however we can offer a further 3-month extension if required. Each module should take between 10-30 hours to complete with additional time required to complete the student assignments. The value of the study isn't just about the qualification you receive at the end. its the way it can change your life as a whole.
You'll enjoy full support throughout your studies, with module tutors to guide, advise and offer comprehensive feedback on your coursework. Support Is also offered by other Institute's staff and fellow students at tutorials. or as part of the global community of students who can be reached through online student forums and social media sites.
You are never on your own
Although you work in your own environment. you'll never be on your own. You'll have the opportunity to meet your fellow students in tutorials and online forums. There are growing networking opportunities during the seminars and socializing events organized by the institute and you will be regularly invited to attend such events.
Work full time and study part-time
Most cargo surveying diploma students work full time and study part-time. This flexible route to earning a qualification allows you to do as much study as you can, alongside your job. Building your experience and qualifications at the same time also shows employers how committed you are.
It's possibly the first course or qualification you've done in cargo surveying and it's a good way of getting accreditation in what you're already doing.
Who should attend
- Practicing cargo agents;
- Freight forwarders;
- Cargo Claim officers;
- Shipping officers;
- Shipping Industry starters;
- cargo consolidators;
- other professionals.
What will you gain?
The benefits of studying with the Institute is that you become a Student Member of the International Association of Marine Consultants and Surveyors whilst training and you can, therefore, participate in all Association activities, including face to face courses, seminars, and conferences.
This course attempts to cover all aspects of a survey from receipt of instructions to the presentation of the report. The students will be in a position to understand how they should be expected to conduct a cargo survey.
Qualify the participants as Accredited Cargo surveyors, Superintendents, quality manager, lead auditors, ship's inspectors.
Program taught in: